- For navigation, we use gpx files, stage-by-stage pocket route sheets and the maps.me app. Riders receive top-tube stickers with the stage profile. GPS Garmin links are supplied allowing the route to be downloaded in advance. The use of Garmins is highly recommended. Briefings are held each evening presenting the following stage, emphasising particular difficulties.
- Support cars on the road are manned by the event personnel ; the number of staff/vehicles depends on the size of the group.
- Three rolling roadside feed stations (under cover in bad weather) are set up each day. Drinks and light snacks are provided here, as well as energy bars & gels. The lunch stop includes savoury food suitable for a meal-on-the-go.
- Baggage is transferred from hotel to hotel..
- Limited space in vehicles is available if a rest or medical attention is required.
- Comprehensive pre-event guidance to help you prepare for all aspects of the event, not just the pedalling, is given over the months leading up to the Challenge.
- Breakfast and evening meals are provided in hotels.
- Airport transfers are available. These can be organised nearer the time, but are not always included in the price of the event.
Your support was the best I have ever had…on an organised sportive event. Thank you.
What can I say -best ever experience in life not just in cycling.